Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lost in Translation

2003
Director: Sofia Coppola

One interesting thing in the movie is about the communication between the Japenese director ane the leading actor. It seems that the director talks a lots to the leading actor. However, the interpreter just repeats the same simplest "gist" for the actor - more passion - again and again. Though the leading actor doesn't know actully what should be done, he still has to complete his performance. Such situation makes me think about my everyday experiences now.

Living abroad, I lose lots of implications of information around me. Translation in my brain is so fragmental. Yet I still have to react to what others talk to me, and have to make decision based on those information. I am so curious that whether I perceive is what it should be. But anyway, you can't think to much and have to view what you perceive as the truth of the world ... Until someday, you may find you are totally wrong... and what others think about you is also far from what you are...Ha

No comments: